Tuesday, December 28, 2004

it's all good...

though i've always appreciated breaks from school, i feel like i've actually earned this one. while i've been keeping myself in a state of near-constant neurosis by compulsively checking to see if grades have been posted every five minutes or so, for the most part, i'm enjoying vacation.

i'm happy to say that i sent out about forty or so resumes today for summer jobs. i'm really pushing hard to get a job clerking for chief justice rehnquist, so hopefully that'll work out for me.

aside from that minor stress, things are great. at present, i'm soaking in a bathtub, surrounded by candles, hitting a nice little spliff, and listening to the sounds of the humpback whales on my walkman. as long as no one busts down my door and drops a marmot in the tub, everything is... "far out... far fucking out."

thanks to whoever posted that excerpt from the ny times magazine article. the times ran a piece this week about another "blawg" written by a partner at a big L.A. firm. it's fictitious, but very well written and entertaining: anonymouslawyer.blogspot.com

i'll try to post something else if the mood strikes me. i'll leave you all with a little poll...

adios!

robyn grade distribution quiz
what did robyn give you on memo #4?
35-36
34
33
32
31
30
29
28
27
26
25
24
23
22
21
20
18-19
16-17
15 and below
I am not in your class, Menlove!



20 Comments:

At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't much like this poll

 
At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then don't participate in it.

 
At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I agree. I think it will make people who did not do as well as others feel anxious about their grade.

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree. Just because Menlove keeps this hayrick kind and gentle doesn't mean it has to be completely antiseptic.

If you don't want to know where you fell in the bell curve, then don't participate in the poll. (You might also want to call the registrar's office and ask them to erase your class rank section from your report card.)

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

menlove, two quick comments about justice rehnquist:

1. are you serious about trying to clerk for him this summer?

2. thanks for the great article about his illness in your last posting. it helped me give my girlfriend an orgasm. i used the subliminal message technique, but no success so far.

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Report Card" made me crack-up... that is so 5th grade, it seems like we've come a long way to "transcripts"

 
At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are all seriously RETARDED

 
At 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

screw you, melon.

 
At 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will never believe this but I layed a golden egg today.

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm a nihilist and i'll cut off your johnson Menlove

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too... I hope her ovaries dry up and fall out of her body... and then I hope aliens hatch from them and enter her ear canals.

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch. but what would they do after they entered her ears?

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh~ B- from Schneider... first step towards the end of my law school run. *sigh*

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be happy with your B- ASSHOLE.

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and after they entered the ears, lay the eggs, hatch the spawn-
Now they emerge and slowly chew away at her tongue while an infection rages in the name of a failed career in bankruptcy.

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch. you didn't have to go there (her failed career), but you went there, and i'm glad you did.

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You people are scaring the hell out of me.

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope maggots chew away at her vagina

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any updates on Princess Strawberry Margarita? How did the date go?

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I'm being ridiculous, but I have to say this once to an audience that may understand. It is fucking asinine that no grades were posted today. I fucking studied my ass off for four goddamn months, and almost a full fucking month after my first exam, I don't have any of my substantive grades!? This seems patently unfair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home